|Location:||New York, NY|
|Language:||English: Business Level|
Japanese Telecommunications company is seeking a Cloud/Network Engineer in NYC.
*This position is hybrid and currently requires the candidate to commute to their office about 3 day a week.
We are looking for an experienced cloud/system engineer to work within our engineering team to develop, implement, optimize, and maintain cloud-based and on-premises solutions. You will be responsible for deploying and debugging cloud stacks, educating teams on new cloud initiatives, and ensuring the security of the cloud and on-premises infrastructure.
As a cloud/system engineer, you should be able to identify the most optimal cloud-based and/or on-premises solutions for our clients and maintain cloud and/or on-premises infrastructures in accordance with best practices and company security policies. A cloud/system engineer should have excellent troubleshooting skills, stay current with industry trends, and should be a team player.
• Gathering system requirements working together with sales and sales engineers.
• Evaluating and identifying optimal cloud solutions and on-premises solutions.
• Modifying and improving existing systems.
• Educating teams on the implementation of new cloud technologies and initiatives.
• Designing, developing and deploying modular cloud-based and on-premises systems.
• Developing and maintaining cloud and system solutions in accordance with best practices.
• Ensuring efficient functioning of data storage and processing functions in accordance with company security policies and best practices in cloud security.
• Identifying, analyzing, and resolving infrastructure vulnerabilities and application deployment issues.
• Regularly reviewing existing systems and making recommendations for improvements.
• Interacting with clients, providing cloud and system support, and making recommendations based on client needs.
【Qualification / Requirement】
The person must meet following qualifications and willing to improve one’s abilities under supervisor’s instructions:
• Fluency in English, Japanese skill would be a huge pluc.
• Bachelor's degree in IT related field.
• 3+ years of experience in architecting, designing, developing, implementing, operating, and maintaining cloud solutions on Microsoft Azure platforms, IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS.
• 5+ years of experience in architecting, designing, developing, implementing, operating, and maintaining computer networks and systems.
• Experience of installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting in a Microsoft environment is essential.
• Proficiency in Windows Active Directory, Group Policy, Server, and Domain management.
• Proficiency in Azure Active Directory, Endpoint Management, Auto-Pilot.
• Working knowledge of DNS, DHCP, RADIUS, HTTP, mail, and database services.
• Working knowledge of SSL and other certificates.
• Experience of installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting in a Unix/Linux environment is plus.
• Exceptional knowledge of networking technologies (OSI network layers, TCP/IP).
• Familiarity with administration, performance tuning, and system monitoring.
• Linux, Microsoft, VMware certifications are plus.
• AWS, GCP certifications are welcomed.
• Personal development
• Logical Thinking
• Critical Thinking
• Cognitive Skill
$80K~110K (DOE, Exempt)
• Working hours: Monday – Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm
*some night work and weekend/holiday work may be requested occasionally (compensatory days off will be offered)
• Benefit: Health, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Paid vacations and holidays 401(k), etc
• Start Date: ASAP (introductory period during initial 3 months)